by Nutrition Coach Rachel
A common question our coaches receive is about pre and post workout fuel… when it comes to early morning movement, we have a simple answer that is easy to make and with little to no time needed to prep. When I connected to our very own Coach Kathie on the topic, she also emphasized that eating a little something is way better than skipping breakfast all together.
Even if you feel that you are not a breakfast person, a few bites before you head into the gym will absolutely make a difference.
So what was our answer, you ask? Overnight oats! You can enjoy a few bites before (to your comfort… sometimes getting into a routine of adding breakfast can take time for the body to adjust) and still have the rest of the dish ready for your post workout recharge and can bring it with you on the go. This recipe is easy to make and can be customized with your favorite ingredients. Get creative!
This delicious option is packed with protein, omegas, sustaining carbs and other vital nutrients to balance energy and boost strength.
Power Packed Overnight Oats Recipe
For the base…
- ½ cup gluten free rolled oats
- ½ cup milk of choice
- ¼ cup greek yogurt for extra smooth protein and probiotic boost
- 1 tablespoon chia seeds
- 1 tablespoon honey, agave or maple syrup
Add in options:
- Peanut or nut butter
- Sliced almonds
- Whole fruit preserves
- Sliced banana
- Shredded coconut
- Diced green apple
- Place all ingredients into a large glass container and mix until combined.
- Cover the glass container with a lid or plastic wrap. Place in the refrigerator for at least 2 hours or overnight. Toppings can be added the night before or immediately before serving.
- Uncover and enjoy from the glass container the next day. Thin with a little more milk or water, if desired.
Storage: Overnight oats can be stored in the fridge for up to 5 days. This makes it an ideal breakfast meal prep to make on Sunday night for the week.