Take snack time with a new approach! We found a recipe for you that is versatile and delicious – great for snacking, topping salads and protein bowls. A super simple roasted chickpea recipe that you can adapt to your spice preferences is here to inspire. Time in the kitchen isn’t always doable for big projects so this is a nice way to get into home cooking without a labor intensive plan.
Plus the nutrient profile is wonderfully well rounded. Chickpeas are packed with protein and fiber to help you feel fueled longer. As a rich source of vitamins, minerals, and fiber, chickpeas may offer a variety of health benefits, such as aiding weight management, improving digestion, and reducing your risk of disease.
- Baking Sheets
- 1 1/2 cups cooked chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- Extra-virgin olive oil, for drizzling
- Sea salt
- Paprika, curry powder, or other spices (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 425°F and line a large baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Spread the chickpeas on a kitchen towel and pat them dry. Remove any loose skins.
- Transfer the dried chickpeas to the baking sheet and toss them with a drizzle of olive oil and generous pinches of salt.
- Roast the chickpeas for 20 to 30 minutes, or until golden brown and crisp. Ovens can vary, if your chickpeas are not crispy enough, keep going until they are!
- Remove from the oven and, while the chickpeas are still warm, toss with pinches of your favorite spices, if using.
- Store roasted chickpeas in a loosely-covered container at room temperature. They are best used within two days.